Friday 20 February 2015

Normality

A year to the day after I left for Rio to start my world trip, and here I am. Back in Birmingham, unpacked and settling back into life.

I'm loving how normal everything is. I got up, put on my dressing gown and made myself a cup of tea in my favourite mug, had my favourite cereal for breakfast, used my laptop, put toilet paper into the toilet and not into a bin, and used my UK number on my phone. All tiny things that mean nothing in real life, but are lovely to come back to after a year.

Yesterday I was very tired, but made it til 9pm, having been picked up at the airport by my mum and brother (complete with a flashy balloon) an had a proper lamb roast dinner followed by apple crumble and custard. It was so good.

I only had four hours' sleep in 42 hours though, so I was a bit delirious by the evening. I woke up at 6.30am this morning and was raring to go.

I haven't quite digested everything I did on my year, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to, but I'm going to try. There's plenty of time for quiet reflection. For now, there's far too much food to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment