Tuesday 17 March 2015

A Month On

In two days I'll have been home for a month, and I have no idea where the time has gone. Considering I don't have a job to pass my time, it's gone very quickly. I have been keeping myself busy with seeing friends, and after 10 days 'holiday' when I first got back I'm now jobhunting. Which is hideous, but needs to be done. At least the UK's job market is stronger than when I left a year ago.

Now I expected to plunge into travelling blues a few days after getting back, once the novelty of the home comforts and British food, and the cold weather, had worn off. But it still hasn't. I still love being able to get up in my own room, throw on my dressing gown and make myself a cup of tea in my favourite mug. (Non-British readers of this blog may laugh at that, but it's a very important ritual).

Even the wind and rain hasn't gotten me down too much. I understand how cold countries work, hot countries confused me. Two showers a day what?

I made a slideshow of my favourite photos from my trip a couple of weeks ago (condensing 15,000 to 177, which I think I should get an award for). That was really nice, to go back and see everywhere I visited and everything I did. Some of it I'd forgotten happened. I guess that's what happens when you cram a lot into a year.

One thing I'm really happy about is that it doesn't feel like a dream. It feels like I never left home, because I've slipped right back into British life, but I know I really did everything.

Now the next adventure is finding myself a job and becoming a real adult. And maybe also shifting the toad-in-the-hole, bangers and mash, and apple crumble with custard weight... 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading ur posts. Keep writing! I'm following! Im a travel enthusiast too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miles, I've enjoyed your posts on your wonderful travels. Uluru is my favourite place in Australia to travel with. You can explore and discover an Uluru sunrise, take a camel tour, dine under a million stars and experience the beauty of Uluru for accommodation and deals to get the most from your trip.

    ReplyDelete