Tuesday 10 February 2015

A Bad Day Travelling...

People say that a bad day travelling is always better than a good day at work. 

Those people have obviously never done the six-hour minivan journey on the world's worst road between Siem Reap and Phnom Penh with diarrhoea. 

I was wishing for a cosy desk job the whole way! That road is notoriously bad, and I could see why. My head hit the roof of the van on several occasions, and our driver (as with all over SE Asia) had no regard for safety, and almost drove us into oncoming traffic many times. 

But it was the price that swayed us. It was US$13 for the minivan or $38 for a speedboat. I wanted to do the boat to see the Tonle Sap and the scenery, but coming to the end of my trip I have to make sure I have enough money to do everything I want to do. 

You know what they say. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. 

No comments:

Post a Comment