Sunday 22 June 2014

Wildlife #1

Today my family and I drove up to the Yarra Valley to see the vineyards. We went up to some forested hills which were blanketed in cloud. It was like I was still in New Zealand. The temperature dropped from around 13C in the city to 8C in the hills.



















I saw my first kangaroo and wombat on the way to the valley. Unfortunately they were both roadkill. Great start, guys.

And then we drove to a nearby park area and saw live kangaroos! Some were still very young and were hopping around like mad. They were cuter than I was expecting, because I hadn't seen one close up before. 




























So now I just need to see koalas, wallabies, wombats (preferably alive) and the tiny Phillip Island penguins, and then I've ticked off my must-see wildlife for Australia. I'm okay with just seeing the safe animals it has to offer. 

I haven't even been to the centre of Melbourne yet. I've been busy sorting out bank accounts and an Australian phone number etc. And jobhunting ferociously. But I'll take a trip in in the next couple of days. I need to see what all the fuss is about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment