Wednesday 5 February 2014

Let's Get Cracking

Well first off - hello! If you're reading this then I'm guessing you've got an interest in travelling, or like reading about travel in general. So hopefully this account of what I get up to over the next year will inspire you to do something similar, or just provide you with some entertainment!

It's two weeks to go until my trip of a lifetime starts. And for me, it really is the trip of a lifetime. When I got down to seriously planning this epic adventure last year, I thought back to all the places I'd wanted to see since I was a child (Machu Picchu, Iguassu Falls, Ayers Rock, Sydney Harbour, Hong Kong, Angkor Wat... The list goes on!) And I basically connected the dots, took my list to STA Travel, and created a flight itinerary. And boom! Two weeks from tomorrow I leave London and fly into Rio for Carnival.

I've done a lot of planning over the last few months, but there's still a pile of stuff to sort before I'm actually ready to go. But my to-do list is gradually getting smaller and smaller. And the smaller it gets, the more excited I allow myself to get.

During the course of this blog, I hope I'll be able to provide you with some information about how to do what I'm doing, create an accurate account of things that I get up to across the globe, and give you a few chuckles when things don't quite go as planned. And of course, I'll post photos galore of the places I see. (Not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a photo fiend).

I hope you enjoy taking this journey with me!

- Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment